Thursday, December 30, 2010

A List of Things:

I'm about to leave for a conseti (basically, a dance), so my time is a bit limited. So no paragraphs, here are random thoughts.
--I've now read 8 books while in Tonga. I tackled Cold Mountain literally within 24 hours. Is that sad?
--When I feel lonely in my house, no one comes. When I feel good about being by myself, people come, which is fine, but then they stay...and stay...and stay until I give up entertainment and just pick up a book. Then they stare...and stare...and stare. And try to make Tongan conversation that I don't understand, which leaves me to drop my book, pick up the Tongan dictionary, and try to figure out what my response should be. But it's a slow process, so by that time, the poor girl was trying to talk about something else. Frustration.
--I'm eating a lot of sugar. I should give away the rest of my candy...I ate all the good stuff :P
--I'm also cooking all the time. Kitchen appliances=freedom and happiness.
--I met a 13 yr old Tongan teen, a boy, who lives in New Zealand. However, he will stay in 'Eua for a year and go to school, and he's really nice. He speaks beautiful English and we had excellent an conversation about God, brownies (and our love for them,) and many other things like hiking and speaking Tongan.
--Tomorrow, I will be a Fatty McButterpants, as my friend Eden used to call me at Kentucky Wesleyan. I have been invited to 2 feasts. One begins around 1, the other around regular suppertime, I suppose. It should be interesting.
--I'm killing about 1 cockroach a night.
--I do dishes like someone with OCD would. Too bad my bedroom isn't similar.
--I'm in love with 2 little boys, both who are a month younger than my 2 nieces, Ella and Kendall. It's fate.
--Uike Lotu, Prayer Week, begins Monday. 2 services a day: 1 at 5am, the other in the afternoon. 'Oiaue (an expression of grief, excitement, or anything else resembling "my goodness!"), it could be a long week.
--I am craving Earl Grey tea. It's my favorite. And peppermint, too. mmmmm...
--Oh, how I will miss my mom's lasagna this New Year's Eve... faka 'ofa! (How sad.)
--I'm currently pigging out on Cadbury chocolate. Oh how I've missed chocolate.
--I can't wait to go hiking again!!!
--My next book will probably either be A Clockwork Orange or The Reader. We shall see...

No comments:

Post a Comment