Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Na'a ne 'alu (a) Tusite (Tuesday's Gone)

I just had a lunc of PBJ and crackers with chocolate chip cookies. I hope we get pineapple and mango soon. This morning I woke up at 6:10 (I always hit the snooze once, then my friend texts me to see if I'm awake,) then I got ready and walked to a farther village with 2 friends. It's hard for me to walk slowly for exercise (very faka Tonga). When we got to the village, I ran back to my village. It felt great..i hope to sprint soon.
I got back, took a glorious cold shower, ate big egg sandwiches for breakfast, then called Kelly. I was SO happy to talk to Ella and Ronnie! It was awesome and I miss them but I'm still pretty thrilled to be here too.
Today's language lesson was fun-- we learned body parts and played fun and hilarious games with naming and drawing the body parts...even the fun ones. Tehe.
So last night I rigged my mosquito net. It took forever, but it's up. It could use some improvement, but I'm not touching it until it's proven ineffective.
Today I realied I've lost weight. I would guess btw 5-10 pounds. My nice black skirt once zipped up at my wist, a couple inches above the belly button, but now it zips below. Some friends told me my face and stomach looked thinner... the boobs have definitely shrunk. I don't mind that so much. Mostly they just get in the way, anyway.
It's a beautiful day otuside and I don't want/need to nap, so I hope to 'eva (wander) to the matatahi (beach.) :)
Oh, I found a dead cockroach under my bed...almost dead, anyway. I finished him.

Bugs: 5 (stupid mosquito attacks)
Jamie: 3 (3 cockroaches)...one with the back of my brush, one with my uke. Squish.

No comments:

Post a Comment