Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Another Update: I'm Alive

Sorry. Internet on 'Eua is faka-inconsistent (faka in Tongan is 'like'). We had a torrential pissing storm for a week--the effects of the cyclone that went to New Zealand. It felt totally appropriate because I had a poopy two weeks. I felt like poo, my school was... faka-frustrating, I almost passed out in class, I am still veggie-starved, migraines are becoming more prevalent, and some students are faka-ridiculous.
But I'm now in the capital for a workshop, and will have an awesome break.
Anyway, this is boring. Any news? Not much.
1. My friend Kim got shouldered by a van today on the road. I guess she wasn't walking fast enough, which is ridiculous because she could blow away those old women who speed walk around big malls, so the van "nudged" her forward. Stupid.
2. My Creative Writing Class will start after break! I'm so excited! I have the introduction to my 'curriculum' typed. Also related, I'm becoming involved in "Children Writing for Children." It's a contest where children (also aroudn the world) write stories here in Tonga, there's a competition, and then the best stories get published. In a book. It'll be awesome!
3. I've had coffee. It was wonderful.
4. I have veggies! And wheat bread! And fruit! Also wonderful.
5. Did I tell you I'm going home for Christmas? I am. And I'm pretty faka-pumped up.
6. I made a bracelet. It's a bit shoddy, but it's totally cool.
7. My hair feels as rough as a corn husk. I miss American shampoo. :(
8. Face breakouts make me feel like I'm 14 again. Uggghhh faka-frustration.
9. I think I'm dehydrated all the time. Thus the migraines and nearly-fainting episode.
10. I'm happy to be in Nuku'alofa, but I totally miss the 'Eua hills. A lot.

I promise to have a more interesting and mind-blowing blogpost soon. This is faka 'ofa (sad), but you'll get your fill soon.

But I am alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment