Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Sorry for the Delay

Internet sucks here, and I'm so angry because I cannot upload the video I just put together.
Frustration!
Anyway, I've overcome my traumatic rat experience (in the library,) I'm now teaching about 3 hours a day, my Creative Writing class will start soon (!), I had an excellent birthday....hmm, what else?
People are still trying to marry me off.
I get up every morning at 6 to walk. Mom and Dad, I know you're proud.
We celebrated National Woman's Day at a college here in 'Eua... we had tons of food, played games, and just had fun. It was nice!
I just learned how to make Swedish pancakes. They're pretty awesome.
I had a Red Velvet Cake for my birthday. It's my favorite :)
I listen to music A LOT now that my computer is here! Mumford & Sons= my new favorite band.
I miss concerts.
I feel hungry a lot.
A wonderful friend from Tongatapu sent me a bottle of wine for my birthday, and I was really happy. :)
My birthday hike was amazing! See my facebook profile picture--that's in a place called Fangatave, right on the cliffs overlooking the beach.
At the end of the month, I"ll go to Nuku'alofa for TEFL training one week, and the next week is In-Service Training (IST). Gosh, it's been nearly 6 months! Holy fast time, batman!
Onion Rings. Mmmmm. I may make those tonight. I have the ingredients!
No vegetables. STILL. ARG.
My lesson planning is getting better.
I LOVE decorating for the library. It's still grody looking, so no decorations are up, but man, my school is gonna LOVE me when it all goes up! I'll be a hero.

The first thing I'll buy in Nuku'alofa: a cup of coffee. I cannot wait.
The first thing I'll buy in America: either a pair of shorts, a scandalous tank top, or a Milky Way. No, no. Make that Starbucks. I'm buying Starbucks first. Then Chick-Fil-A.
The first thing I'll buy when I go back to Belgium: Fries. Then Leonidas (the best chocolate in the world.)

That's all for now. I'm running terribly late and I still have to meet an important person, do some shopping in town, and catch the bus back to my village. Then... malolo. (Rest). Gosh, I think I need to take a second shower. I'm a sweaty mess.

No comments:

Post a Comment