Monday, August 8, 2011

Down to the Uaia (wire)


Camp GLOW Tonga is making its scary debut in just a month. Scary, you say? But JAMIE, this is an amazing camp to empower young girls in Tonga (and through the world!) to rise above patriarchal stereotypes and customs...why is it scary?
1. Because I have to put on my big girl pants and start (gasp) organizing things. A lot.
2. Because both camps in Tongatapu and 'Eua are still needing a tiny bit of fundage.
3. Because I've never been so busy in my Peace Corps life and I feel as though the logistics and background work are keeping me from remembering the actual camp.
4. Because life after Camp GLOW 2011 will be crazy planning Camp GLOW 2012 and other partnership projects.
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
I feel there's more, as well, such as not having time to do laundry, being overwhelmed by seeing a large amount of people EVERY DAY, and staying up late to have Jamie time with my new favorite TV shows and, of course, Disney movies (ones with empowering women, of course).
Anyway, as this is our last big pull for fundage, if you are feeling extra generous or know someone or a group who'd be interested in donating to Camp GLOW, please click on the link! Malo 'aupito!

https://www.peacecorps.gov/index.cfm?shell=donate.contribute.projDetail&projdesc=421-132

No comments:

Post a Comment