Monday, September 19, 2011

Sprinting to a Stop


Malo 'e lelei, dear friends!
It is Tuesday, September 20th, which means....



-Camp GLOW is finished!
-I am tired!
-I flew back yesterday morning
-I just ate the most disappointing Twix of my life
-My toilet was a black pool of mosquitoes
-I get to sleep in a real bed again!
-Our amazing Country Director, Kelly, leaves Friday for her new job :(
-We had a going away party for her last night...which was classic.
-In the last 2 1/2 weeks, I've had 2 conscious hours to myself. (Even in 'Eua, I usually shared a makeshift bed/pile of blankets.)
-I can start working on other projects now. :)
-I cut 10 inches off my hair! (I'mmmmm freeeeee, as free as the wind blooowwwsss)
-Two good PCV friends are leaving in 2-3 weeks (wah wah wah)
and........
-I'll be home for Christmas in 12 weeks!!! (WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!)

So there is the life update. More to come soon, including:
-Camp GLOW shenanigans
-A thoughtful expose on airplanes here in Tonga

Warm blessings, wishes, and cheers your way!

Jamie O

No comments:

Post a Comment