Thursday, September 29, 2011

Wrapping it up...Birthdays and Hosting Murders with Togas

Luckily, today is a birthday for two very close friends of mine in Peace Corps...AND my cousin Charlie! (Happy Birthday to all of you!)
And where there are birthdays,there are birthday parties.
I never thought I'd be involved in birthday parties in Peace Corps. I'm lucky and I know it.
Anyway, after an extremely stressful work-week, I am ready to enjoy the following:
--soup night for dinner party (I hear minestrone, pumpkin, vegetarian chili, tortellini, bread bowls, and other things are on the menu)...
followed by...
--a Murder Mystery Dinner Party!!! It's called How to Host a Murder, with 8 characters based in Roman times. Each person received an invite last week with a brief bio of all the characters, including the one we were chosen to be. I am....Harangus...someone who is a successful senator and military guy, very wealthy, but not at all into money or status because I love Stoicism and studying ancient philosophy. Woop-woop! And my suggested costume?: a toga with purple trim.
I love birthdays and fun dinner parties.
TOGA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment