Tuesday, November 8, 2011

High-Falootin' Sense of Stuck

In a nutshell, if you couldn't decode my title, I'm in a bit of a rut with creativity and motivation. Since I've nothing to do at work, I have typed and deleted two blog posts for today because I just can't seem to stop whining. So I'll revert to the end-all cure-all of any rut. Fooooooooooood.
Ginger Chai Tea: Steep black tea (I use English Breakfast) with grated ginger, pour in a cup with sugar and milk. Done and done. --I currently am sipping this at work out of a jam jar. Yeah, resources! --This is also excellent for nausea. Ginger is the bomb. Pumpkin Scones: flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, pumpkin (I used a cup of fresh pumpkin--cooked, mashed and cooled--), pumpkin pie spice...errr what else? --I'm usually terrible at making scones because they always come out too dense, but these were successful! I like to sprinkle raw sugar on top as well as pumpkin pie spice. I have a feeling they'd be excellent with a nice sugary glaze... Pumpkin Soup: put however much pumpkin in a blender, then back into a pot to boil with chicken broth, milk, salt, pepper, onion, garlic and whatever seasonings I'm feeling. --This is my favorite soup in the world, thanks to my friends in Belgium. The pumpkins at the market are great for making punkin' soup. :) Chinese Eggplant and/or Tofu: coat frying pan with oil (I use olive, though the recommended is peanut, I believe), then fry eggplant/tofu. Gradually add 2-3 spoonfuls of brown sugar and sprinkle preferred amount of soy sauce. I also like to add chopped garlic, minced ginger, sliced onion, and 1-2 chili peppers sliced in rings. Serve over rice. --This is excellent if you have steamed green beans on the side. I also like to cook these with fresh grated ginger.

No comments:

Post a Comment