Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Attack of the D-Monster

Oct. 20th

I nearly shat myself today. So far, I've had diarrhea 6...7 (?) times today. I kinda lost count. Other than th ewhole twisted-coil stomach thing, I feel okay. I'm not getting homesick for Mommy-comfort, although some Saltines and Sprite would be excellent right now.
I've never really felt homesick before, and I guess it's a bit of a blessing. My host mom takes great care of me, and I don't feel shy to poo when nature calls. I mean... it's part of life. I'm in Tonga so who cares? I really did almost poo my skirt, though, walking from my LCTF's (Language and Cultural Training Facilitator) to home. It would've made a great story. PLUS I have to wear black for the funeral, so there would've been no visible skid marks.
My brain went to abort-mode during language class, so I made myself productive at home by learning "Zombie" on the uke--it's cool! A little high, but once my throat is normal, it will be sai 'aupito 'aupito. (Very very good).
For our Tonga Day Culture Project, my group has decided to teach the kids "Do Re Mi" from the Sound of Music--I'll be Julie Andrews with the uke. I also have to make a kiekie, 'ota ika (raw fish with coconut milk and such), and an American dish.
I'm kinda likin' this skanklihood I've got going on. I haven't taken down my braids for a day and a half and I probably won't shower til tomorrow afternoon. Because of the funeral I am rotating 2 black shirts and 2 black skirts. It sucks to apply baby powder because I end up with white sifts and fingerprints all over my outfit. It's Wednesday now and I have to go Goth until Saturday. It could be a smelly week.
I just hope I don't get lice. My middle sister has it, and it gives me the willies.

No comments:

Post a Comment