Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Another Journal Entry

Day 2-- Oct. 8

I can't wait to tell Mom that I woke up to roosters between 5 and 6 this morning. My sleep was in and out--my poor roommate was quite nasally and snored worse than my sister. Like 100 times worse. My mp3 came in handy, but now I need to find my adapter in the mass chaos of my red duffel rolly suitcase. I attempted organization this morning. Not my forte. My stuff seems to have morphed into the substance of rice, expanding with all this heated moisture that leaves my red rolly duffel suitcase lumpy with expansion and my throat raw with the night rain and breeze.
*Note to self: email parents.
We walked to a Chinese restaurant last night and it was great--a girl from Tennessee started rattling off Mandarin and I stared at her with amazed sleepiness. I'm battling a little insecurity but it's not so bad. Many people here can speak other languages, but it's cool. We're a great group.
It's very comforting and natural--who knew?
*Note to self* Congratulations for fixing your watch, you little genius, you!

No comments:

Post a Comment